Southland Restaurant and Catering
141 Caratoke Highway, Moyock
4.5 724 reviews
- g00gle That ★★★★★ in the last weekBeen along time since I had a good down south home cooked meal everything was on point !
- Colin Harris ★★★★★ a week agoGood food and better service. Food is home cooked and fresh. Staff is always professional and friendly.
- Melissa Zimmerman ★★★★☆ a week agoGood food, had BLTs this time on our way out to the OBX. The onion rings were cooled just right!
- Chris Treakle ★★★★★ in the last weekAwesome staff. Great quick food for on the go or fantastic restaurant dining . Lots to shop for obx stuff and Carolina collectable things.
- Ashley Vaillancourt ★★★★★ 2 weeks agoI love this place! I take me and kids once a month at least to go get bbq, slaw, fireworks, and all my smoking needs!! I live in Virginia Beach, but will always take this drive!!
- Flor Johnson ★★★★★ 2 weeks agoThey are the BEST
- bill Renn ★★★★★ a week agoGreat bar bq good road food. Carry out only right now.
- Timothy Hanback ★★★★★ a week agoTake my advice the pulled nc pork bbq is worth stopping for me and the girlfriend on a limb needed gas and said hell let’s go so happy we did!
- Cindy Britt ★★★★★ in the last weekAlways great southern cooking and friendly staff. Not too far from Virginia Beach area to run down there for lunch!
- Tyanna Brown ★★★★★ in the last weekThis place is LEGIT. By far the best around- Go here if you want good
- Kalei IsTooTech ★★★★☆ 3 weeks agoAn awesome place to visit. The food we bought was good, and it was an overall nice spot.
- Patricia Robinson ★★★★★ a month agoAlways great service great food. Can't wait to be able to eat inside for our favorite servers and staff and the buffet yummy
- Me S ★★★★★ 2 months agoBBQ was delicious. Also loved the baked beans. They also have a nice selection of fireworks. Definitely will be coming back soon
- Stan E ★★★★★ 4 months agoGot one of the take home catering packages with a few extra side trays for a farewell party. Everyone was happy with the food. The Mac & cheese was one of the most popular sides with my crowd. Hush puppies were also great. The rib tips … More were the best of the bunch. The pulled pork was solid. For anyone not familiar, the take home package comes with a bottle of NC vinegar based BBQ, but if you want a thicker BBQ option you can grab it in the Southland store next door.
- Silent Whisper ★★★★★ 3 months agoWow!! Delicious flavorful country food, on a buffet. I mean we thoroughly enjoyed it. Go there!Then beside the restaurant is a great fireworks and gift shop. Fun!
- Greg Sujeta ★★★★★ 3 months agoHad their dinner buffet, soup, salad and entree. $25 total for the wife and myself. Everything was very tasty from the soup of the day ( potato chowder) to an array of entrees. Fried chicken, baked chicken, hamburger steak with onions, … More pork bbq, and real redskin mash potatoes!The wife and I will definitely go back again.
- Bob Stevens ★★★★★ 10 months agoAll BBQ should be this good. Don't be fooled by the truck-stop styled signage. Southland is a hidden gem in plain view.Collard greens, coleslaw, fried chicken and fried okra were among my favorites, but the authentically tasty down … More south vinegar-based sauce was especially delicious. Lucky for you, they bottle and sell it at the check out counter. Check the label for details on some simple recipes to recreate the experience and impress your friends. All you need now is a spit and a spare 12 hours.Service is prompt, friendly and accommodating. Restaurant is clean and inviting. Lots of bang for your buck when it comes to price.
- Theresa Terry ★★★★★ 2 months agoWow!! Delicious flavorful country food, on a buffet. I mean we thoroughly enjoyed it. Go there!Then beside the restaurant is a great fireworks and gift shop. Fun!
- Brett Laws ★★★★★ 5 months agoBest place within 25 miles to get fried chicken. They have a buffet, too but I still prefer to order it off the menu, it's worth the wait. They have a variety of homemade sides as well. Lots of other options besides chicken. Snack … More bar next door has ice cream and milk shakes for dessert
- Natte Scott ★★★★☆ 9 months agoSunday buffet is 12.95. These place is busy! Very basic though, so not sure why so popular. Not much BBQ either and they stopped making the brisket at 12 noon?A bit chaotic around the small buffet tables, but everyone was nice and patient. … More